Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Orange You Glad It's Fall?

Charlotte Ronson Fall 2010 look featuring a rust colored pleated maxi skirt.

Last month, I noted that while shopping in Dallas, I saw a heck of a lot of orange. Now that I'm out of the stores and the weather is starting to cool, I'm noticing it all over my favorite shopping sites. In a color palette of cool grays, olive greens and black, the warm punches of salmon, rust and coral are really eye-catching. It's a bit of a nod to the wild, wild West (thank you Dad for making me watch "The Outlaw Josey Wales" last weekend) but it works as a bright accent among these neutral, toned down colors. Check out these fall pieces certain to pack a punch.

Rachel Pally Bianca Dress in Clove from Shopbop

Loeffler Randall Simone Suede Booties on Prism Heel in Brick from Shopbop

Julien MacDonald Dress from Net-A-Porter

Halston Heritage Shirred Long Dress in Lipstick from Shopbop

Stella McCartney Rollneck Wool Sweater from Net-A-Porter

Joie Chateau Sandwashed Dress in Clay from Shopbop

To reach your chic peak with orange tones for fall, keep the rest of the color palette neutral. As you see in the Charlotte Ronson runway look, olive green is an unexpected yet impeccable partner with orange but gray and nude tones are also pretty with the warm hue. Be careful of adding too much black next to oranges similar to the Stella McCartney sweater or you'll look like a walking advertisement for Halloween.

And if my hunches about next spring's trends are right, we're going to see fresh takes on western-wear looks. These orange pieces will still be refreshingly relevant against ivories and whites and will appear lighter when separated from the drab colors of fall.

Orange you glad it's fashionable??

2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog layout & colors! I am glad its fall and I realllly love orange. Especially the deep burnt orange-y leaf color. (ie: stella's rollneck wool sweater! cozy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, May! I accidentally changed it all and couldn't get it back to the old layout. Glad you like it because I was a little bummed out at first!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!