Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Golden Delicious

Last week, while perusing my online universe, I came across this gorgeous picture.

I love the hair styles on these two models, especially the antique rhinestone hair clips, but the gold dress in this picture is so AMAZING.

Imagine my surprise when I just HAPPENED to be browsing the Rodarte Spring 2011 show on Style.com and saw this!


There it is in all of its full-length glory! Clearly it's a dramatic, over-the-top, mixed-media gown, but I just love it! Maybe I could love it even more if the hemline was shortened to the knee...maybe.

I've had a crush on Rodarte ever since Reese Witherspoon appeared at her "Monsters Vs. Aliens" premiere in this flawlessly cut space-age dress.


Rodarte's mixture of colors and textures is just so interesting season after season.

Here are a few more gorgeous looks from the Rodarte Spring fashion show...

Recognize this one?? It's the OTHER gown in that gorgeous photo that started this entire blog post!


Although all of these spring fashions are lovely and inspiring, we cannot ignore that the official start of fall is just days away! So as you're gathering your fall and winter wardrobe, take a cue from Rodarte and consider mixing textures. Then this spring, your base layers will stand perfectly on their own...and maybe you could add a small rhinestone hair pin just to kick the looks up a notch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!