Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday's Look For Less: Workout Wear

If you know me and many of my Wilmington friends, then you know Pure Barre is our latest obsession. Before Pure Barre opened up here in October, I had two pairs of Lululemon pants (and one pair was a hand-me-down). I have just about worn these pants to death: two pairs of pants + class three to four times a week = you do the math. I would like to get at least one more long pair but Lord knows I do NOT feel like spending $100 on stinkin' workout pants!

The stars aligned one day when a fellow PB participant had on black leggings with NO recognizable logo/emblem/commercial trademark on them yet they were just as great fitting as Lululemon. What on earth could they be? I stopped her after class to politely be nosy and she told me they were Zella and that she swears by them. Have you ever even heard of this brand? I have not. So on to Nordstrom I went and...

Can you tell the difference? Okay, so black leggings might be black leggings. The proof is really in the performance. At any rate, the pair on the right are by Zella and only cost $52. The Lululemon pair on the left ring up at $98. Sheesh! For nearly half the price, it's worth trying out this newfound option. I ordered a pair today and will be happy to report the results if you are interested. I love Lululemon as much as the next yogi but a girl's gotta protect her wallet every now and then too.

Have you found any other great workout wear that doesn't break the bank? Let me know! With summer on the way, it's time to get serious about workouts...a new pair of pants might be a great way to start.

6 comments:

  1. You. Are. My. Hero. PLEASE let me know how these work out!!! Lululemon is not allowed in the Arnold household unless it is gifted, haha, so I'm excited to find more affordable leggings! I found some great workout tops from old navy. Built in bra/padding (gotta love that!) with many colors and patterns to choose from. They're great for long torsos too and have been perfect in hot yoga and at Pure Barre. Thank you so much for sharing - I can't wait to hear how they work and try them out for myself!

    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53934&vid=1&pid=116499222

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well now we know good gift ideas for you!!! I'll let you know how the leggings turn out for sure!

      Delete
  2. Doesn't get much better than Lululemon, so you'll need to write a follow-up review, for sure. :) Also, Open Studio has some pretty great classes (similar to Pure Barre), and I've been going there... I'm curious as to how the two compare. I may have to try out Pure Barre soon...

    (P.S. Just came across your blog recently through other bloggers. Cute posts!)

    www.XoLindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes.

      Delete
  3. Zella is made by the same people that make lululemon, its a nordstrom only brand. So I'm sure quality is pretty much the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to know! That makes sense. I have enjoyed my leggings but I'm embarrassed to say I have missed Pure Barre for the last week so I haven't worn them to class yet. Tsk tsk!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!