Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Double Duty

Pieces that pull double duty get a big jump up to the front of the wish list in my book. Whether for my wardrobe or for home, an item that can serve more than one purpose is something worth buying. I'm loving these fresh warm neutral pieces below for vamping up my house and closet this spring. Here's why... 


 It's an indoor/outdoor piece that you can plop down on your porch or carefully lay in your living room. 

Would make a wonderfully chic and functional work station but it's also equally as useful as a bedside table. 

 With sleeves rolled up and tail untucked, throw on with a comfy pair of cotton shorts and your good to run around town. But tuck it into a white wrap skirt and add a big gold necklace and the look is ladylike perfection. 

On one hand they are a daytime staple; on the other, the red heel makes them an evening show stopper. 

I love this swingy peplum sweetness but I think I would toughen it up with leather or waxed shorts on a day when I'm particularly snarky. :) 

It's all business when put in the study but if you place it next to your bed, it's the best reading lamp money can buy.

When you start shopping for your house or your spring staples, think outside the box and you might find a certain splurge is worth it...or a save is the ultimate buy! Do you use any items in unconventional ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!