Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ringing in Autumn

How did you ring in the first day of fall? Apple picking? Watching football? Enjoying a pumpkin spice latte? For all those reasons, fall happens to be my favorite time of the year. Could I ever have predicted that I'd be pulling on my swimsuit for a trip to New Mexico's famous hot springs? Definitely not but there's nothing like spending the first day of fall in your bathing suit! 

So maybe we're experiencing a little Indian Summer here in Santa Fe but cooler temps are just around the corner and the hottest color of the season has been engrained on my brain. 


If burgundy doesn't exactly thrill you, remember that you can punch it up with brights like in the Tibi dress above or tone it down with rust or navy. These interesting color combinations breathe new life into burgundy and create a fresh color palette for fall. 

Have you jumped on the burgundy train yet this year? As far as I'm concerned, I'm all aboard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!