Wednesday, January 12, 2011

APT with LSD


Yesterday, Vogue emailed its subscribers a news flash about their newest story in the "APT with LSD" series. This time, contributing editor Lauren Santo Domingo brought the camera into her own home, where she and her hubby anxiously await the arrival of their first baby.

For the photo above, Santo Domingo explained that this room- currently the TV room- will become the baby's room...minus the Warhols of General Mao. (Thank goodness, even though you know I love a Warhol.)

But the room that truly captivated me was her office/closet/dressing room...

Bookshelf full of heels and booties...can I please have one of these in MY house?!

LSD's jewelry drawer
(all images via Vogue)

Santo Domingo said that the room had originally been a guest bedroom until she took it over and converted it into a very feminine, Marie Antoinette-esque space. Personally, I find this room to be the trifecta of fab- functional, fashionable and French.

Besides housing her fabulous collection of heels, the room also offers storage for her jewelry drawer. She said she believes that women in their 20s should never wear diamonds and women in their 40s shouldn't wear costume jewelry. Personally, I love this theory, even though I do wear a very few, small diamonds in my 20s and intend to wear costume jewelry the rest of my life, but it certainly does look odd to me when a sassy young lady frrrrosts herself (Remember "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"??) with major bling...

And just in case you aren't familiar with Santo Domingo, here are a few fashion photos for your viewing pleasure...

Unknown

Unknown

Refinery 29

Vogue

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!