Sunday, October 10, 2010

Upping the Anthro


There's no doubt that Anthropologie designs and sells some of the most unique and beautifully designed clothing, accessories and home decor. Walking through their stores (any one them- how do they do that?!) is like walking through a fabulous museum where you can try on your favorite artwork. But when you live in a town where there is no Anthro in which to peruse, the next best thing is their monthly catalog.

By today, Anthro fans everywhere should have received their October 2010 catalog and, let me tell you, it's full of yummy goodness. It prompted me to check out the website and share with you some of my favorites.

This dress is featured on the catalog's cover and displays one of the most gorgeous patterns I've seen on an article of clothing.

Snowy Egret Shift

The Asian-inspired color palette is so unexpected for fall and winter. This shift would be adorable with black peeptoe pumps, brown tights and a pair of Frye boots or maybe even my favorite Loeffler Randall pumps to contrast the ladylike effect with a little artsy edge and pop of funk...just an idea. (Think I'd have to swap out the belt to make that work.)

Loeffler Randall Donna Suede Pumps in Brick

I'm LOVING this next outfit too! An affordable yet well-made metallic tweed skirt has been darn near impossible for me to find in the last two years. But this skirt may just be in the answer to my prayers. I love the utilitarian spin the camp shirt adds and the top looks so much more expensive than it actually is. Thank you Anthropologie!!

Anthropologie October 2010 Look

Check out the pieces as separates. The top would be so easy with a pair of skinny jeans and flats for a casual affair or the skirt could be super sleek with a black cashmere sweater and black leather boots.

Facile Camp Shirt

Avant-Tweed Skirt

You also can't ignore their newest accessories. Two of my personal favorites:

Ribbon Swell Pumps

Coalescing Necklace

Anthropologie's home goods are also nothing short of fabulous. If you've ever seen Anthropologie's buyer-at-large Keith Johson on the Sundance Channel's "Man Shops Globe," then you know the vast amount of thought and effort Johnson puts into finding the perfect items for Anthropologie customers' homes.

I would love to hang these Savannah Story animal busts created from repurposed cement bags and pages from vintage French books in my dining room. (I like the look of animal busts in a house, but being a vegetarian and lover of all animals, I could never have a real bust in my own home. It would make me cry every time I walked by it!)

Gazelle Bust

Zebra Bust

During another episode, Johnson traveled to Sydney, Australia in hopes of finding more unique artisan-crafted decor. While there, he met up with the dynamic and talented Sibella Court, interior decorator and owner of home accessories shop The Society Inc. Anthropologie now sells her intiriguing new book, Etcetera: Creating Beautiful Interiors With the Things You Love. Read more on Court in this month's issue of Lonny.

Johson and Court at The Society Inc

Cover of Etc.

Interior pages of Etc.

Finally, imagine my surprise when I saw that Anthropologie is now selling baby clothes! Are you kidding me?? They should have thought of that a long time ago!

Monkey Business Coat

If you're in the market to curate your own closet and home, check out the October catalog. Let me know what your favorites are too!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!