Monday, October 18, 2010

Glitter Trail



Raise your hand if when you were a little girl, you wanted to your very own pair of ruby slippers!

Me! Me! ME!

Perhaps that's where some of our shoe infatuations began, but at my ripe old age of 27, I'd settle for glittered slippers all the same.



Sparkly heels are clearly nothing new but for some reason this fall, they have really grabbed my attention! Maybe it's all due to Carrie's step out onto the streets of New York wearing these glittery, gold Louboutins in Sex and the City 2. Or maybe it's because Americans have decided to wear bling EVERYWHERE. (Can you say vajazzle?)

Glitter pumps and platforms have started showing up in all kinds of places lately. While I loved seeing them in Joe Zee's latest Elle column, I was quite surprised when I saw them casually strewn across the floor at a wedding in my fashion-backward hometown of Rocky Mount! Maybe fashion is catching up there!

Check out this collection of grown-up sparklers to put a little pep in your step!



Kate Spade Nell Flat



Christian Louboutin Stratata Platform Sandal


I know what your next question is- what in the world do I wear these with? I think it's best to leave your blue gingham jumper at home and perhaps stick with something a little more neutral and sophisticated. You also don't want to get into teenie bopper, MTV Video Music Award territory when you where these sparkly numbers. So keep the dress tailored and easy and maybe let the shoes do all the talking, er, walking.

Carrie's white Halston Heritage jersey dress was a perfect choice to go along with her glitter Louboutins. Or maybe a gold or platinum pair would glam up a camel-colored sheath. Whatever your style may be, keep the look simple, light and fun.

There may be no place like home, but prancing around it in glittery shoes makes life more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!