Friday, August 6, 2010

Domino Effect


Cover of this month's Lonny Magazine

If you've been searching for a Domino replacement (tear, sniff, sniff), today might just be your lucky day! Yesterday I stumbled across Lonny Magazine, a Domino-esque online publication filled with decorating goodness. I was instantly taken in by its bright colors, modern styles and thoughtful ideas. Plus, all of the items within its pages come at a wide-range of price ranges. Gotta love that!

An example of a glamorous decorating style story within the online pages of Lonny.

While browsing through my first Lonny issue, I noticed that most of the rooms and decor featured were realistic and simple. The suggestions and decoration were not intimidating but approachable. Articles showed real people in their real homes that appeared to be created on their own or at least without much help. And, let's face it, we don't all have the budget for fabulous furniture AND a decorator to select it for us!

LOVE this living room featured in Lonny.

Then I noticed that none of the products or vendors were listed next to the gorgeous photographs. I felt really disappointed, as I had seen SEVERAL items I coveted and could see bringing that certain je-ne-sais-quoi to my own 1940s bungalow. Imagine my delight when I realized you can actually carry your mouse arrow over the item you like and receive a link directly to that vendor's page!! WHA????? Never have I seen this in any magazine before now. Bravo, Lonny! I clicked on tables and mirrors from Williams-Sonoma home, more expensive but swoon-worthy lamps at Pieces NYC, and even found a fabulous (and affordable) cowhide rug at World Market of all places!

Lonny also features the resources for certain stand-out pieces at the end of articles, in case you don't want to click on everything. Photos of each interesting piece are cleanly laid out with their prices, vendor information and purchasing information. It's so simple!

Resources featured in a Lonny resources page.

It's quite refreshing to have a new decorating resource that feels relatable. Inspiration from some of the higher end publications is wonderful, but until I've saved up for that mansion of mine (ahem), Lonny is just perfect.

Small-space storage solutions- thank goodness!!

Just be sure to give yourself ample time to read this one. Did I mention this last issue was 239 pages long??

Imagine the possibilities...

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is a super cool mag! The living room you love reminds me a lot of yours, so you should give yourself a pat on the back!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!