Thursday, August 5, 2010

Animal Insticts


Christine Centenera of Harper's Bazaar Australia dons Christian Louboutin's leopard print booties in Milan for Tamu McPherson's blog, All The Pretty Birds.

Personally, I'm over the whole "cougar" thing, but I am totally digging leopard! You simply can't escape the jungle out there. Leopard print is going to be everywhere this fall, if it isn't all around you already. And while I have typically stayed away from the bombshell print in the past, I lately have found myself obsessed with leopard print booties!! The pop of the pattern at my feet is just enough to get me excited about tapping into my inner tigress.

Centenera, in the featured photo above, rocks these Louboutins with such ease. Her outfit isn't fussy or overly styled. She wears solids in natural fabrics and looks appropriate for daytime in the street. Perhaps that's what I love most about this latest footwear- you can wear a simple, basic outfit (for her, a draped black skirt with military-inspired jacket and tights) and then really up the sartorial ante with this sassy yet classic print on your feet!

Christian Louboutin leopard print booties

I also love how this fabulous, fearless footwear anchors a simple t-shirt dress, a la Shenae Grimes in the photo below. It adds a bit of playfulness to an otherwise basic look. The same can be said of Jessica Szohr's booties worn with black ankle-length skinny jeans. And, of course, I can't overlook that Whitney Port is wearing hers with LEATHER SHORTS. Be still my heart...

Celebs rock the trend as featured on The Stylebitches.

Luckily for me and any other fan of leopard ankle booties, we will see them offer them at a range of price points this fall. Check out these beauties as inspiration or as a pair to take up a piece of your closet's real estate!

Guiseppe Zanotti Sculpted Platform Wedge Booties from Shopbop.com


Loeffler Randall Fifi Printed Leopard Ankle Bootie

Rock & Republic's Angie

Jimmy Choo Alanis Calf Hair Ankle Boots from Net-A-Porter

Net-A-Porter stylists add these fierce Jimmy Choos to an otherwise basic outfit. The model wears simple, tailored solids but then packs a party at her ankles!

Choo booties, Net-A-Porter style

In case you still aren't convince about the fabulosity of leopard print ankle booties, give Rihanna a glance in all of her sassiness. Notice again that a t-shirt dress accompanies these stems easily and appropriately. (Captain's hat and structured shoulder detailing optional.)

Rihanna rocks out in leopard print booties.

So get ready for the fall, ladies. It's time to get on the prowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!