Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Heat is ON

via Balenciaga

Friends, it's taken me a long time to figure out how to deal with the Southeast's stifling summers. With curly, red hair and fair skin, I've never been a summer girl. But, now, all of that has changed- well, not the curly, red hair or pale part. BUT I've found the absolute best way to deal with 90-degree-plus temps.

Meet my new favorite pair of shoes. Yes, the Balenciaga Espadrille sandals. But don't freak out on me yet. They were on serious sale and they've given me a whole new appreciation for summertime....

via My Prestigium

Now, when the weatherman (aka the Fish), calls for miserable temps and high humidity, I jump for joy because I get to rock my new kicks. Our clothes might be sticking to us, we might just stink and our foreheads might be greasy. But, by God, we'll have cute shoes on our feet that will put a pep in our step and smiles on our faces.

Interestingly enough, I learned today that this same style shoe comes in a wedge as well.

via Your Next Shoes

The striped patterned heel is cute and the high ankle strap is bad ass. Turns out, chic momma Katie Holmes is also a fan!

via Your Next Shoes

If it's good enough for Katie, it's good enough for me! Actually, these are just good enough. Period.

3 comments:

  1. love the shoes and love the crazy ass fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose forehead is greasy? I need to borrow some of your moroccan oil. Love the shoes. This post title got that 80s song stuck in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. The Fish comes on still in Wilm, thank goodness. Don't know what I'd do without him...or Moroccanoil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!