Tuesday, June 7, 2011

And The Winners Are...

Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler with Liv Tyler via L'Express Media

Well, one out of four ain't bad.

First and foremost, congratulations to all of the nominees and award winners at last night's CFDA Fashion Awards. Yesterday I made my predictions about who would win. Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez walked away with the Womenswear Designer of the Year. That one, I "voted" for in my blog post. But the remaining winners, which I did not wholeheartedly predict, were Alexander Wang for Accessory Designer of the Year, Prabal Gurung for Swarovski Award for Womenswear and Eddie Borgo for Swarovski Award for Accessory Design.

Lady Gaga also received the Fashion Icon Award. She arrived in Thierry Mugler and accepted her award in a spiked thong. Yes...you read that right.

Lady Gaga in Thierry Mugler via Daily Mail

Lady Gaga via Daily Mail

Of course, we can't discuss the CFDA Awards without presenting the attendees' ensembles! There was certainly enough glamour to go around but I'm looking forward to more images trickling in as the day progresses...

Whitney Port in Pamela Roland via Daily Mail

Naomi Watts in Calvin Klein via Daily Mail

Miranda Kerr in Michael Kors via Daily Mail

Leelee Sobieski via Daily Mail

Karlie Kloss in Jason Wu with the designer via Daily Mail

While you won't see me sporting a fashion thong, the CFDA Awards certainly offer great inspiration. Cut-out dresses anyone?? Time to start ramping up my crunches...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!