Thursday, March 10, 2011

Turban-tastic

via Bergdorf Goodman

Call me crazy, but I am loving a turban these days. Not a full-on, Middle Eastern turban but a respectable, chic headband/headwrap style. After all, I do have an afro-portion of hair and could certainly use a little assistance on frizzy hair days...practically speaking.

I think it all started when the Man Repeller started beating turbans into my unwrapped head this past winter. Then, I saw this upscale version at last weekend's fashion show by millinery company Forme.

Personal Photo

Monday, another turban reference appeared when an email featuring Missoni styles appeared in my inbox.

Missoni Headband/Wrap via Intermix

via Net-A-Porter

Now today, Bergdorf Goodman send me an email with the Jason Wu look at the top of the post!

We've seen cooky hats and turbans taking the editorial pages like mad this spring. Even"America's Next Top Model" featured fantastical headpieces last night. Millinery has gone mainstream and turbans are no exception.

via Madison Muse

"Sex and the City 2" via Warner Bros.

"The Rachel Zoe Project" via Bravo

So what do you think? Would you rock this surprisingly practical accessory?

2 comments:

  1. Yes I do!! Lindsey I adore accessories and this is very appealing. Doesn't Rachel look great!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my fine art giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you share my enthusiasm! I could definitely use a turban today since I didn't have time to wash my hair... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!