Monday, March 28, 2011

Reality Style

Mustaparta in J Brand Jeans, Stella McCartney top, Whyred boots, Miu Miu feathered bag

I don't know if I've ever made this statement out loud, but I am so completely inspired by street style these days. (Who isn't, right?) Ever since I received a copy of The Sartorialist a few years back, I've had consistent flashbacks to images of stylish women hailing cabs in brightly colored day dresses paired with classic trench coats or striding down the sidewalk in wide brim hats and slouchy pants. It just proves that you can invoke a little bit of glamour into your life every day.

My new favorite reality style site is Vogue.com's "5 Days, 5 Looks, 1 Girl." The photo driven feature follows a fashionista of their choice as she muscles her way through day to day activities, oh so stylishly of course. It makes me want to dress up for even the most mundane of errands...suddenly going to get coffee is a thrilling excuse to put on my new pair of wide leg jeans! This week features Vogue contributing photographer Hanneli Mustaparta and her fun, effortless style. I love that she doesn't take any part of fashion too seriously and adds a bit of whimsy to every look.

Mustaparta's Rag & Bone boots...a personal favorite of mine

Yigal Azrouel pencil skirt, Mulberry satchel, Stella McCartney pumps

Close-up on bag and pumps

Stella McCartney coat, H&M shorts, Tory Burch handbag, Miu Miu keychain

Mustaparta's wardrobe has me drooling. Anyone with a selection of Stella McCartney and Miu Miu makes me envious. It's also nice to see her wear some more accessible brands, such as H&M, J Brand and Rag & Bone.

What makes all street style stories so fantastic is that they grant an approachability to fashion. You don't have to be a Vogue editor to have amazing style. You can mix in less expensive items and vintage pieces to create one sensational look. Of course, I wouldn't mind a little Stella in my shots when Vogue decides to feature me...

all images via Vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!