Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tour de Fashion



Normally when I see an announcement for tour dates, I think of a band traveling the nation performing their latest and greatest hits. Never in my wildest dreams had I considered a rock-n-roll tour of great fashion!

One of my favorite lines Alice + Olivia has taken style to the streets, er, highways. On June 10, Stacey Bendet, creator of Alice + Olivia, and her band of stylists, djs and photographers left NYC, and set out in their silver Airstream for the Bonnaroo Music Festival in Machester, TN. Since then, the team has been traveling across the Southeast, playing dress-up with customers and fans, participating in charity events, and making over three lucky ladies in every city hand picked by the band.

And lucky for me, Wilmington was one of their stops along the way!

Long-established Wilmington boutique Monkee's hosted an Alice + Olivia trunk show all day Friday and ended the day with a fantastic Bryant Park-esque fashion show. (White tents, rows of fans and followers, photographers, the works!)

I made it JUST in time to see this fabulous event in person...

Alice + Olivia Fashion Show at Lumina Station

The scene at the A + O show

Metallic gold cargo pants, with hot pink, gold-flecked tank- Gotta love it when metallic meets military!

One-shouldered turquoise dress with white belt

ONE of my favorite outfits of the night- LOVE the gold sequined skirt!

THE dress of the night. Afterward, all the girls were talking about it.

I also like it in olive...

Alice + Olivia dress as seen on Shopbop

Gorgeous make-over winners!!! Love those sequins!

Prints, brights, metallics flash by as models take the finale walk

Every piece of clothing was fun, perky, and fresh. Lots of one-shouldered dresses stomped down the red carpet, while we also saw metallics, olive green, bright prints and fabulously tailored pants, the Alice + Olivia claim to fame.

One piece that I loved but did not photograph well was the flirty olive green mini skirt, great with a button down for day or tucked in to a silk blouse or tank for night...

As seen on the runway, Alice + Olivia mini skirt with pleated waistband in Army (Shopbop)

And, as a curly-haired girl fighting the constant summertime battle against frizz, I loved that Lavish in Lumina Station boldly styled the models' hair with voluminous, beachy waves. It's inspired me to really let my hair down and not be such a control freak!

At the trunk show, one piece that I did not see on the runway really caught my eye, the perfect piece for chilly indoor stops during the summer and a lightweight sweater for fall...

Brianna Beaded Crochet Shrug

And if I had one more wish, it would have been to see this looker in person...

Charlie Embellished Ombre Dress

Alice + Olivia brought a great vibe to the Port City Friday night. Maybe it was the outdoor venue near the beach or the flowy maxi dresses parading alongside mini skirts and floaty blouses, but a cool breeze definitely blew through Wilmington while Alice + Olivia was in town...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!