Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This Little Light Of Mine


Happy Tuesday, everyone! I'm so sorry for the long delay since my last post. My beau and I headed out for a quick vacation to Texas, which was great fun, and when I returned, I started straight back to work on a new project. I won't bore you with the details but I went through some heavy stuff last week and made a bold career choice. All I can say is that sometimes in life, you have to decide what is worth fighting for and you must go about it the right way. In the end, all is well but my motto:

 Let your light shine! 

At my high school graduation, Episcopal Bishop Michael Curry gave the keynote speech based on the classic hymn "This Little Light of Mine." He encouraged us to always shine through the hardest of situations. The real world can suck but it needs and deserves everyone's light! Now I try to remind myself, my friends and my family of this important message as often as needed. Sometimes we need it more than others...

With that being said, here's a little more sparkle for you- the fun and potentially frivolous kind! 


Pure Barre Wilmington has recently started selling Lily & Laura beaded bracelets handcrafted by women in Nepal. Proceeds from each purchase of a bracelet go toward improving the lives of the women and their families. Each bracelet is unique and they come in a huge variety of colors. It was hard to choose just three! At $12 each or three for $30, you might be able to get away with not narrowing down your selection. I mixed mine with two gold Stella & Dot Renegade Cluster bracelets and the teeny Stella & Dot Love bracelet. I'm slightly obsessed with these new gems...

Hopefully you stuck through the negativity at the start of this post and enjoyed the sparkle at the end! Here's to letting our light shine every day! And when that feels a little bit tough, here's to fun baubles that cheer us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!