Monday, January 14, 2013

Razzle Dazzle

The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards took place last night in good old Hollywood. For the fashion obsessed, awards season is like the Super Bowl of style. However, last night, there were a few too many fouls on the play. What's with all of the mock turtlenecks? (I made my dad throw his away about 10 years ago.) And just-outta-bed down 'dos? And every single woman displayed a smokey eye? Wow...groundbreaking. As I watched with one of my Wilmington gal pals, we decided that the matronly effects resulted from the "Downton Abbey" syndrome. It's 2013 people. We know there aren't many angels on the Red Carpet. So let's get real.

via US Magazine

My top picks from last night's Red Carpet were the ladies who chose to razzle dazzle us with sparkle, shine or, at the very least, impeccable tailoring. Kerry Washington rocked my favorite look from head to toe, looking beyond in a beaded and blush toned Miu Miu dress with sheer overlay, Cleopatra-esque fringey hair and glowing skin. I love the risky length on her and, surprisingly, those full coverage pumps. On someone else, this look could have been a huge miss but on fashion-forward Kerry, it works!

via US Magazine

Winner Anne Hathaway always brings it full force on the Red Carpet. This year, she looked amazing in a two-piece Chanel number. Thank you, Anne, for not letting us down!

via US Magazine

Isla Fisher rocked the sheer cap sleeve and crystals on this Reem Acra gown. The nude color was ab fab on her and did anyone else notice her heavy brow? That's a beauty trend I noticed on several starlets last night. Paging Brooke Shields! 

via Huffington Post

"The Sessions" nominee Helen Hunt looked so soft and feminine last night. Her all-out glamour was a huge surprise to me and I love her for it. Kudos to Dolce & Gabbana for creating such an amazing piece and props to Helen Hunt's stylist for adding the perfect hair, make-up and accessories.

Beyond the sparkle and on to the tailoring, "Game Change" winner Julianne Moore wore a Tom Ford stunner with Bulgari jewels, of course. Predictable? Sure. But it works for her and stood out from all of the pink and pouf that everyone else wore. Kate Hudson also wore a beautifully tailored black dress but her down 'do and flyaways kept me from adding her to this post. Sorry, girl. 

via US Magazine

Super secret hottie Amy Poehler was another pleasant surprise to me. She rocked the Red Carpet in a Stella McCartney tux (sans shirt!) and amazing Chopard necklace. She looked STUNNING. I would only say that the length of her pant made her look a little short to me. I think the hem should have been a teensy bit longer to elongate her frame. Otherwise, the hair, make-up, clothes and accessories were perfection!

via Huffington Post

Finally, for a dose of color, I loved Jennifer Garner in oxblood Vivenne Westwood. She looked soft and lovely with the perfect amount of jewels, tailoring, structure and make-up. Congrats to her hubby on winning Best Director for "Argo!"

via Perez Hilton

I don't mean to leave all of the other dresses in colors off of this post but I just cannot promote busty crumb catchers and droopy chest draping. Sorry, ladies. You are gorgeous and talented and we just don't agree on your choices. 

Who were your favorites last night? Surely I've missed someone so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!