Monday, June 18, 2012

Room Reveal

I've been waiting a long time to write this post. I'm so happy to finally say that my dining room is finally, officially redecorated and in operable, non-embarrassing shape. Hip hip hooray!

You may recall that I've been looking into dining room inspiration for a loooong time. (See here, here and here.) It took me some discipline and an hour-long design session with Shannon Darrough to get a plan for this room. She helped approve and reject my ideas until we had a realistic plan. My ultimate overall scheme was eventually devised from this Palmer Weiss designed dining room...

via Palmer Weiss

Here are shots of the room pre-redecorate, just to humiliate myself a little and give you a sense of how much has changed. 

Before:
(You may not be able to tell but there four different paint colors on the walls...seriously...the result of indecision and lack of clarity.)






After:





My favorite part has got to be the freshly style sideboard. This little vignette makes me smile and, if you follow me on Instagram, you know I photograph it to death. Sorry.  





In case you're wondering, here's what's new:

Paint colors- Benjamin Moore Carrington Beige, HC-93 (above chair rail), and Bavarian Cream, OC-123 (below chair rail)

Perhaps there is still one more piece that needs to be added. And THEN the room will be officially done...

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks to your great help!!!! It was so fun. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

      Delete
  2. So glad you decided to get the sideboard! It looks excellent and adds a lot of character to the room, I think. Congratulations on the completion! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn!!! You definitely coached me through that one- haha! "Mad Men" viewing parties by the sideboard asap!

      Delete
  3. I am totally smitten with those turquoise chairs and the cushions- so cute!!


    xx Lynzy
    www.sparklingfootsteps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynzy! I just checked out your blog- THAT is so cute. I'm your newest follower now! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Lindsey it looks great! I know how long you've been dragging your heels on this one...it must feel great to see the end result! Just tell me what to bring and let's break it in with a girls night dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holls!! We'll definitely schedule a breaking in party this summer!!

      Delete
  5. It looks fantastic! The chairs are wonderful - and the perfect inspiration to paint something turquoise around my home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippeee, looks awesome. Glad you are done.. for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Banks!!! Come to Wilmington soon and we'll do some grubbing out in there.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!