Thursday, May 31, 2012

Haute Pink

The American Restauran designed by Walter Platner via

The image above might have been shot in 1974 but the room's scale and size resonate with me today. Walter Platner's pink and brass combo against the unassuming light wood tugs at my heartstrings. I find my own bedroom straying more in this direction as of late- substitute pink for peach though- and would be perfectly happy if any of these touches ended up somewhere in my house...

Marcus Hay for Kimberly Steward/Kess Agency photographed by Johnny Valiant
(swoooooon over that DWR chandelier)

 Kelly Wearstler

Architectural Digest


via Tumblr

...even if it is just a hot pink door with a brass plate.

7 comments:

  1. Pink is my favorite color!I think I cry pink tears as a matter of fact! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please see the cover photo of my shoes board on pinterest. pink + gold for life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those are magic. Also goes for the rose Valentino Rockstud. Swooooooon.

      Delete
  3. I am LOVING me some hot pink these days. I like the pink door. Would Geo dig it? I used to think gold fixtures were sort of outdated looking but in these photos they look so classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...Geo probably would not go for a hot pink door. I've found other ways to sneak it in though. Also, brass fixtures could def look cool again as long as they're in the right room- at least, that's what I'm banking on!

      Delete
  4. BTW- Like your new blog title design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!