Friday, March 16, 2012

Luck of the Irish?

I recently realized that there might be a little somethin' to being a redhead around St. Patrick's Day...my luck has skyrocketed in the last 24 hours and resulted in a wonderfully unbelievable start to this Scots-Irish girl's weekend. 

Here's the scoop:
A few weeks ago, Monkee's of Wilmington started a fab new blog and announced that if you became a follower, you were automatically entered to win a $300 gift certificate to their store. The big winner would be announced from the pool of followers on March 15. Naturally, I followed their blog immediately. Local fashion updates from one of Wilmington's premiere women's stores? Check. The opportunity to win a truly generous prize? Bonus!



Imagine my delight when I received the news that I was that lucky winner!!! And so on to the bright and beautiful Monkee's at Lumina Station I ventured last night for the Diane von Furstenberg trunk show where gorgeous colors, DVF's signature prints and the optimism of summertime met me, not to mention Monkee's friendly staff!












The lovely ladies last night sipped champagne, listened to the DJ, enjoyed catered apps and most importantly SHOPPED! 

It was not easy for me to narrow down my favorite pieces BUT I found a particular adoration for these...














All of the Monkee's girls looked ab fab but owner DeeDee Shaw looked particularly amazing in this piece. 


The DVF trunk show continues at Monkee's through Saturday. Should you not be able to attend, don't worry- a whole host of gorgeous goods will meet you there anytime, including pieces by Nanette Lepore, Tibi, Milly, Tory Burch and Kate Spade, just to name a few.


And, as for my $300 gift card, the DVF Imamu top has officially brightened my closet and I have credit to spare!


PS- it has a red stripe on the back. Love an unexpected twist. (And, yes, I'm wearing it right now.)


So when Monkee's boasts that you might need a bigger closet, it's the truth. And now to plan for tomorrow's fun St. Patrick's Day...and maybe one more special find from Monkee's like that DVF green dress.

2 comments:

  1. I bet that color looks awesome on you! Congrats on winning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hallie! Obvi if it would look good on me, it would look even better on YOU!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!