Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Make-Up Pick-Me-Up

Now that the holidays are over and the cold weather has set in, how do you keep from entering the winter doldrums? It can be tough when Spring seems so far away, morning runs require gloves and scarves and there are no three-day weekends in sight.

It's about this time of year that I turn to an easy morning routine that keeps my spirits up and my cheeks appropriately rosy. A few new make-up purchases make winter skin luminous again and give us a little something to look forward too...besides that steaming cup of tea.

 via Bobbi Brown

 via Bobbi Brown

via Bobbi Brown

Before my stint as a bridesmaid at the NYE nuptials, I hit up the Bobbi Brown counter for a few fun pick-me-ups. Since winter weather and indoor heat tends to try out my skin, I opted for the cream blush cheek tint in Sheer Lilac. It's gives my skin a little more of a natural glow than powder blush and to up that glow's ante, I layered the shimmer brick in Rose. The shimmer brick can be used all over, including eyes and decollete during the evening. And to give it that final pop, a swipe of high shimmer lip gloss in Pink Tulle does just the trick.  

via Pinterest

Just to add a little mental pick-me-up, Bobbi also offers her 10 tips for beauty. They are simple and achievable and will hopefully keep us out of those doldrums at least until March!

2 comments:

  1. I have the shimmer blocks, and I honestly think I look like a Twilight cast member without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaaaa!!! Maybe I have been looking like a Twi-hard wannabe too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!