Friday, July 15, 2011

Mother Jeans

via Mother

No, I'm not talking about Mom Jeans, though hilarious they may be. Today, I'm talking about Mother, one of my new favorite denim designers.

Perhaps you're not an avid reader of Elle, Vogue or Harper's Bazaar and have never heard of these guys before. Maybe you don't get daily emails from Shopbop or Bergdorf Goodman. If you don't Tweet, you never saw the glamorous gal behind BG's social media campaign post this photo below and unknowingly commence my desire to own a pair of these bad ass jeans.

via Twitter

Do you watch "90210?" The new one? No? I guess you don't know who this stylish chick is either then...

via Denimology

Okay, well good thing I came along to introduce you to Mother. Tim Kaeding and Lela Tillem combined forces in 2010, hailing from 7 for All Mankind and Citizens of Humanity, in the quest to make comfortable, stylish jeans. If 7's and Citizens are any indications of how Mother will fit and hold up, I think I'm gonna like it here.

via Shopbop

via Shopbop

via Shopbop

via Shopbop

If I can look as good as Bergdorf's PR girl in the Drama flared jeans, they will have to become mine. It hurts to cheat on my usual suspects, since I would consider myself more of an MiH and J Brand girl. But when you work in a room that feels like a meat locker five days a week, you can never have too many jeans, right?

At least, that's what Mother always says.

***UPDATE***

Okay, so I didn't make it to try on the jeans until this past weekend. Sadly, the Dramas were not as cute on me as BG's p.r. maven. However, the trouser jeans (pictured at the top of the Shopbop shots) were quite fetching! All of these pants were very lightweight and super comfortable. Highly recommend them, especially if you have NO hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!