Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday's Look For Less: Navy Halter Swimsuits

Like it or not, ladies, it's swimsuit season. (Insert groans here.) I busted out my new one- thank you, J.Crew 30% off sale- for the first time last weekend. The fit is great and I felt really comfortable chasing my pup all day long. Halle-freakin-lujah.

Finding a suitable swimsuit at a good price can be really daunting and completely discouraging. In case you flipped through the Summer Swimsuit Guide and didn't find what you were looking for, here are two great options at two great prices. In fact, they are so similar, it's nearly impossible to guess which one costs more.


A navy halter one piece is a classic. It reminds me of what Brigitte Bardot would have worn during a modest moment on the Riviera. What's even better? You can get these classics at bargain prices. The suit on the right from J.Crew is $88. I love its ruching along the waist- so flattering for one's midsection. The suit on the left, from Old Navy, rings up at just $14.50. Seriously. Fourteen dollars and fifty cents. Stop it. Of course, the less expensive option has fewer details to flatter but at that price, you could certainly afford a fabby coverup if need be! 

You lanky ladies are probably just fine without any distracting ruches. Me? Well, I think I'll go for the pricier option for those days when I've had more than one or two Trolley Stop hot dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!