Monday, July 2, 2012

Star Spangled

Jasper Johns' Flag via Artnet

You're a grand old flag. That's why Neo-Dadaist Jasper Johns must have painted you, only to further your infamy. 

Johns' Flag is one of my favorite pieces of all time. And, apparently, I'm not the only one who enjoys his work. I'd love to have a piece in my home but I suppose a print would do. Flag sold last year at Christie's for more than $28,000,000. (see here) Yes, a framed poster is okay for now...

Flags I via Elle Decor 

 Moratorium via Elle Decor

 Jasper Johns visits Leo Castelli and his second wife, Toiny, with his own Flag over the fireplace via 

Wouldn't a framed Johns print up the cool factor in a boy's room? 


Johns print/ Texas star/ Bunk Beds/ Tommy Hilfiger Comforter/ Ralph Lauren Gingham Fabric/ Chevron Rug/ Rocking Horse

A star-spangled bedroom might just inspire the next Commander in Chief! But for now, we'll just appreciate Mr. Johns and his nod to Americana. 


Wishing you a fun and safe Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!