Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Solid Style

Marlene Dietrich via Elle.com

LeeLee Sobieski via Elle.com

After writing yesterday's post on Her Serene Highness (of style!), I've had my eye out for more classic, clean and tailored pieces. There are some truly gorgeous options this season from some expected and unexpected sources. I must say that Rachel Zoe's Fall 2011 line has some great Parisian chic pieces that really hit the mark. Day Birger et Mikkelsen also surprised me with its selection not to mention good old ZARA!

Check out a few of my finds below...

Rachel Zoe tuxedo jacket via Elle.com

L'Agence velvet pants via Net-A-Porter



Bird by Juicy Couture blazer via Net-A-Porter


Equipment blouse via Net-A-Porter (my personal favorite!)

Lela Rose via Net-A-Porter

Zara leather jacket via Elle.com
Day Birger et Mikkelsen top via Net-A-Porter (my other favorite!)

By Malene Birger via Net-A-Porter

Rachel Zoe suit and top from her Fall 2011 lookbook

T by Alexander Wang via Net-A-Porter

Nanette Lepore tweed jacket- personal photo

Obviously, you can funk up these pieces with a leopard print heel or day glo clutch, but I think keeping the entire look classic and playing up your hair and make-up sounds much more fun. You could always go for a classic red lip a la Leelee (top) but lately the gunmetal grays have really been making their way onto runways and red carpets.

via In Style Australia

Chanel runway make-up via Rutheb

Today, I'm trying to practice what I preach- I'm wearing a J. Crew black and white button down, black skinny James Jeans and black gel eyeliner. Of course, my button down is patterned but we have to ease into these things, don't we? Perhaps a trip for some Alexander Wang is in order later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!