Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Style Crush: Taylor Tomasi Hill

The Sartorialist

Yesterday's post revolved around recreating the stylish yet functional look of one Taylor Tomasi Hill. But upon further review of her famed looks, I just had to dedicate an entire post to her many takes on fashion.

As I researched Hill's images online, I realized that I had already drawn inspiration from one of her looks almost a year ago. Last Christmas, I received the Sartorialist book, which I quickly filled with Post-Its stuck to looks I loved. One of my first swoon-worthy Post-Its awarded itself to the picture featured above. Hill's simple tank and plain black pencil skirt are quickly elevated (literally and figuratively) by her strappy cone heels and stackable bangles. Yet, she still manages to look so cool and carefree. Her style without attitude makes her look seem so attainable.

Here are some more of my favorite shots...

Cafe-Mode

Style Sightings


Citizen Couture

Morgan Parfrey

Refinery 29

Tory Burch blog


Hill's style seems to evolve around experimentation as well as a love for the classics. Motorcycle boots with tweed jackets? Check. Tee shirts and statement jewelry? Check. Signature red hair next to cat-eye sunglasses? Check, check, CHECK! And don't forget the necessary nonchalance!

It's fun to see simple clothing get a boost by accessories with personality. This winter is a great time to invest in classics such as tweed blazers and trench coats and then amp them up with faux leather leggings or faux fur. You'll find that great staple items are always a smart buy. But remember to have fun with the extras, a la Taylor!

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't hurt that she has the most killer legs. Damn...I'd make lots of outfits look good too if I could rock gams like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. We'll just have to do the best with what we have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!