Monday, November 15, 2010

Cool, Clean Collections: Jenni Kayne

Shot of designer Jenni Kayne and her son from her website.

On a Monday morning, like today, when I want to think as little as possible about what to put on and how it all looks together, I'd be a much happier girl with a little Jenni Kayne in my life. Since she debuted her own line in 2003 (by the way, she was only 19!), Kayne has consistently made modern yet classic sportswear for the American woman. She tends to rely on a directive color palette and impeccable tailoring, making her pieces easy to mix and match within her own collection as well as with clothes you might already have in your wardrobe. The overall look is California cool- effortless yet desirable. Perhaps that why stars like Kristen Bell, Rachel Bilson and Sophia Bush are such huge fans.

While Kayne's overall aesthetic may be quite simple, she keeps the looks interesting by introducing varying textures, sometimes as unexpected as a faux fur tee! Check out the pieces from her Fall, Resort and Spring collections.

Fall 2010

Fall 2010 (LOVE the fur collar!)

Fall 2010 (my personal favorite- leather anorak paired with a silk skirt)

Resort 2011

Resort 2011

Resort 2011

Spring 2011

Spring 2011

Spring 2011


How refreshing Kayne's looks appear in this era of oversized. For petite girls like me, Kayne's designs are a breath of fresh air. I also love how you could really wear almost any of these outfits at any time of the year. There I go again with my love for year-round dressing!

So if you're looking for something cool, classic and casual, seek out Jenni Kayne immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!