Friday, July 23, 2010

Blouse Renovations


So I know it's been a while since I've posted and, for that, I deeply apologize! I certainly feel stuck in the sartorial summer doldrums and don't know if any of you feel the same way. Perhaps that's why today I'm wearing skinny black jeans and a black long-sleeved tee in the middle of July!

I've just been dreaming about fall...


While it's too early in North Carolina to go full-on autumn, you can easily sneak some fall peaks into your wardrobe now, which is more fun, unexpected, and creative than the predictable skirt/shorts plus top/tunic summertime combos. In order to work in my white jeans and summer skirts with fall pieces, I have been on the hunt for the perfect transitional blouse. I don't know exactly what I want but I do know what I don't want...

NO silk, satin, or any shiny fabric but no fabrics too heavy either
Nothing too bright or obnoxiously patterned
Nothing without at least a quarter-length sleeve or longer
Nothing outrageously expensive!

Chiffon or another matte fabric with movement and a moody, neutral print would be perfect. I've been looking around Wilmington and online and here are my favorites so far:

Patterson J. Kincaid Jillian Fitted Blouse from Shopbop

DVF Lissie Blouse from Shopbop

Equipment Hard Feelings Blouse from Shopbop

Elizabeth and James Aimee Printed Silk Blouse from Net-A-Porter

Etoile Isabel Marant Printed Crinkled Silk-Crepe Blouse from Net-A-Porter

Tibi Violin Top from Monkee's in Wilmington

Any of these tops would be great now with white jeans or a denim mini and sandals or wedges. Or tuck them into a pair of slouchy army green or black silk pants. Come fall, a tweed jacket or velvet blazer will be a perfect match to add warmth and style! And, of course, a sassy skirt with tights and black leather boots is an easy, dressy match for these sophisticated numbers too...

I think my favorite so far is the Patterson J. Kincaid. It's interesting, lightweight, and classic. I could see wearing this top to all kinds of events and mixing it with many different pieces. Of course, the Isabel Marant is gorgeous as well. (She's been rockin out lately, so stayed tuned for more about her.)

But I'd love to know your thoughts and favorites. Which one would you love? Or have you seen some I need to know about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!