Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Before & After


This weekend, I stole away from some much-needed beach relaxation (and less relaxing but equally needed house cleaning) to do a little furniture updating. My sweet Mom and Dad generously donated an end table to me two years ago. But the natural colored wood needed a little updating after its style peaked in the late 70s. It was time to bring it into the 21st century with a little black, glossy spray paint.

Here is the before (table with lamp and picture frame)...

Not quite sassy enough for my modernized living room...

Outside, pre-spray painting

Here is the after...

New and improved- glossy and oh so sassy!

Looking lovely next to its Trina Turk cohort!

I was so pleased with the way the table turned out, I spray painted an old coat rack. The picture's not as exciting, but here's a shot in case you're curious.

Formerly old, brown coat rack now fabulous enough to hold Mom's embroidered mink!

Next up, reupholstering the blue chairs (not sure what fabric yet) and possibly adding this fun cowhide rug I saw in Hewitt over the weekend.

Brown and black cowhide rug with tiny white spots in Hewitt.

What do you think??

3 comments:

  1. like it! I spray painted some chester drawer handles then ended up doing lamp and mirror, so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks AMAZING Linds! May need you to come to ATL and put the finishing touches on this place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!