Monday, February 13, 2012

Stay At Home Glam

Weekends at my house tend to be filled with one activity: CLEANING. And while I'm making attempts to hone in on my homemaking skills (thus, decreasing the amount of time spent doing said activity), I'd be much more tempted to spend time cleaning if my uniform looked a little something like this...


Giving the term "spring cleaning" a whole new meaning, designers have rolled out the domestic goddess look for a demure take on feminine silhouettes. The basis of this spring style: fit and flare dresses in candy colors or soft prints. Pairing them with classics- pointy heels or flats, vintage inspired jewelry, natural make-up and polished coifs- drives the look home. Of course, I'd never be opposed to seeing a little black leather jacket and smokey eye with a damsel-ish dress but that's just me.


Best news of all- these dresses come in a wide range of prices. You can spend oodles or you can pinch a few pennies! 


If staying at home gives us an excuse to dress up, then you can call me Betty Draper...or whatever her new last name is!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! If I knew what shape my body was going to be after baby I would scoop this "flippy dress" right up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These dresses remind me of you! I'm sure your bod will snap right back into sassy shape. And maybe these dresses will go on sale in the meantime! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!