Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Haute Indoor Couture

via Haute Couture Indoor

This morning's email checking ritual offered a glimpse into one of the loveliest homes I've seen in a while. Matters of Style gave its readers the gift of interior designer Elizabeth Boland's house of Haute Indoor Couture. The architecture of this cozy home reminds me so much of my own, with its small rectangular rooms, beautiful hardwood floors and large windows. I decided this little gem needs to be my home's new inspiration.

via Haute Couture Indoor

via Haute Couture Indoor

via Haute Couture Indoor

via Haute Couture Indoor

Don't you love how serene this house feels? It's well edited but not at all boring. The pale textiles, white painted furniture and mirrored extras keep a small room from feeling too closed in and an old place from seeming stuffy. I love the seagrass rugs to bring in that beachy feel, something we coastal dwellers are always reminding are guests of when they visit from inland.

For my own reality, white couches are definitely out of the question, but certainly not white painted pieces or jute rugs. But what I really love most about Elizabeth's pad are her accessories and lamps! (Did anyone notice the mirrored Chanel lamps? HELLO!)

Here are a few accessories I think I need in my house to get closer to Haute Indoor Couture.

Cute umbrella stand (aka tennis racket holder)

via Z Gallerie

TWO mirrored Chanel lamps but I think mine might be better suited in my bedroom...

via The Huntress Lives

Twig table

via Z Gallerie

Mirrored side tables...


via CB2

Do you have any other suggestions? The perfect shade of pale, pale blue paint? Some nice white linen curtains? I'm ready to decorate when you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!