Sunday, May 8, 2011

Derby Daze


It may be the most exciting two minutes of sports but the Kentucky Derby also offers some truly exciting style. All day long, fun-loving fans enjoy each other's company while sipping mint juleps, checking out the line-up and making their picks. But the best part of the derby for style lovers like me is most definitely checking out the festive attire!

via Binary Boy

via Michele Li TV

Here in Wilmington, the Junior League hosted its third annual Mint Julep Jubilee. As a committee member, I won't go into how incredibly hard we worked to pull this big day off. But I will share some of my favorite looks with you!

via Michele Li TV

via Beth Dixon

via Georgia Vaughn

via Michele Li TV

via Brooke Laton

Elsewhere, Derby parties went on with just as much revelry as ours. My own parents hit up their annual event in my hometown, and of course, I must pay tribute to my own mother as it is Mother's Day!

My chic momma (photo via Mom)
Our festive next-door neighbors Andy and Carol with my mom and dad- such a cute bunch!
(photo via Mom)

Every year I look forward to the very personal looks created by every individual. It's so much fun to get all dolled up to cheer on these amazing and competitive ponies. It makes me wonder, why don't we dress like this more often??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!