Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sapony Sunroom


This past weekend, my beau and I headed to my parents' house for a little r & r- revamping and relaxation. You see for Christmas, my sister and I decided to give my mom a little sunroom/dining room makeover, starting with a bolt of fabric to cover her sunroom's loveseat. I'm pleased to report the revamped loveseat install went better than we could have imagined! Mom and Dad both love it and are now ready to RUMBLE with the rest of the overhaul!

The loveseat is now covered with a playful (and durable AND fadeproof) outdoor fabric. It has so many bright and cheerful colors with sassy little leopards peeking out from behind the leaves. I added my own Moroccan tile print pillows, a buy from Pottery Barn years and years ago. They look perfect in their new home though!


So now it's time to get the rest of the room straight and coordinate the dining room. We'll most likely put an old upholstered and glass top console table back behind the sunroom's loveseat and add a pair of pale blue glass lamps, another fabby tray and a tchotchke or two. We're also looking at flanking this tiny couch with appropriately scaled vintage elephant stands, throwing down an indoor outdoor rug and recovering the faded chaise that's currently in the room. Personally, I think a fun jungle-inspired room like this one isn't complete until a 4 ft. tall brass giraffe finds a home in the corner...


For the dining room, we are going to recover the chairs in a coordinating green and white trellis print. HOPEFULLY an extra layer of Scotchguard will keep this already durable fabric safe from spills during dinner time. The accent wall behind the table is currently navy blue but I think we'll freshen it up with a very pale blue. Below is a pic of the chair as it is today. (The loveseat was also covered in this print previously.) I love, love, love this fabric but years of rowdy kids, harsh sunlight and pet claws have taken their toll. It's time for them to shine again. The trellis fabric will take this rattan set to Palm Beach glam status.



By now y'all know that I am not the best at stretching the budget when it comes to the home and closet. But I am thrilled to report that we have made these changes with very reasonably priced fabrics. Nothing has been more than $20/yard. That's coming from a gal who prefers Kelly Wearstler to KMart and started calling Scalamandre for swatches at 22 years old. Living once means living well but when you like something that's also a deal, then that's a real jackpot!!

 Stay tuned here for more updates on Mom and Dad's lake house. Until next time, enjoy this beautiful spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!