Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Red Carpet Recognition

Julie Bowen in Oscar de la Renta via OK! Magazine

The 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards took place Sunday evening...and I'm just now getting around to blogging about the red carpet.

Sorry, everyone, for the delay! Perhaps my tardiness should be credited to the underwhelming red carpet. Gah, it's so hard to admit that a red carpet was a let down! But let's focus on the positive and take a look at who (I think) had the best looks Sunday night.

Julie Bowen has got to be my top choice. She looked smokin' hot yet effortlessly sophisticated all at once in her sequined Oscar de la Renta gown. Another one of my top picks, Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab, also rocked that black metallic sequin number. Both women looked stunning, glamorous and appropriate, if you ask me.

Amy Poehler might not appear on "Modern Family" but her ensemble certainly seemed modern to me! This shimmering blue Peter Som dress, though simple in cut, is still so interesting overall. The more I look at it, the more I like it...and wish she had gone all in with a huge jet black beaded necklace to really make the folks at home go insane.

Amy Poehler in Peter Som via Us Magazine

Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab via Just Jared

The only actress (who admitted to) wearing vintage was none other than the classic beauty Jennifer Westfeldt. Thank you, Mrs. Jon Hamm, for wearing a bright color that wasn't RED. You gotta love that she's rocking a gown from the 1950s too.

Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt via Getty Images

I refuse to choose anybody's red dress as one of my top picks because something about red on a red carpet irks me. But coral isn't really red and, therefore, I choose Sarah Hyland and Sofia Vergara as two more of my favs. Sarah looks age appropriate and chic in Christian Soriano while Sofia Vergara also chose an age appropriate knock-out Vera Wang number for her bombshell figure.

Sarah Hyland in Christian Soriano via Celebuzz

Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang via Celebuzz

Apparently for me to like you, you have to be/have been on "Modern Family" or "Saturday Night Live." Let's not leave out Kristen Wiig then. She wore a very interesting Zac Posen gown. While I actually despise the color- maybe because it matches her hair- I think I really would have like it in a tonal ivory or maybe even an emerald green. Still, kudos go to the funny lady.

Kristen Wiig in Zac Posen via Harper's Bazaar

I'm hopeful that the other awards bring out some more interesting looks. I think most of the actors played it safe and didn't choose anything unexpected. Here's hoping for more edge and risk on the next red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!