Monday, February 25, 2013

Red Carpet Round-Up: And The Oscar Goes To...

Let me clarify. The award I'm giving out is for Best Style on the Oscars Red Carpet. Isn't that why 90% of us watch any awards show anyway?? So many actresses looked so beautiful last night but these ladies were stun-NING.

via FabSugar

Jessica Chastain wowed on the Red Carpet. Her bronzy Armani Prive gown suited her figure and skin tone beautifully yet was an unexpected color for the Oscars Red Carpet. It reminded me just the slightest bit of Anne Hathaway's Louis Vuitton at the Golden Globes in 2011 but in the very best way. Aside from wearing a gorgeous dress, Jessica's hair was flawless, make-up perfection and accessories the perfect accent. My fellow redhead NAILED it and appeared so effortless along the way. By the way, can someone get me the name of her trainer??

via FabSugar

Had Jessica not been there in all her glamorous glory, then Charlize Theron would have stolen my whole heart. Her white hot Dior Haute Couture gown, including peplum and train, looked flawless on her. Had she NOT had a pixie cut I don't know that this dress would have made as much of an impact. But as it is, she looked gorgeous. The lines of this dress, the tailoring and the subtle beading equaled absolute perfection. And dare I say it reminded me of another gorgeous white Tom Ford number from last year...

Also wrapped in white sassiness was Zoe Saldana. Her choice was just as unexpected and interesting as Charlize's but in a very different way. Every angle of this dress had some fabulous detail and it felt like a breath of fresh air. I also cannot stop staring at that layer upon layer of ombre chiffon at the hemline. Are there a few things I would have changed? Yes...the belt, the bow, the shoe...but the remaining fabulosity trumps those negatives.

via FabSugar

From white hot to red hot- usually I am underwhelmed by red on the Red Carpet. However, nominee Sally Field STUNNED in sheer Valentino layers. The woman is royalty and last night, she looked like a queen. Her train, sleeves and gathering at the waist flattered her figure without overwhelming her. Bravo, Mrs. Lincoln!

via Huffington Post

In another red moment, Kerry Washington wore a Miu Miu stunner. Her beaded bodice was so interesting and the coral colored skirt was beautiful against her skin. I wish her hair had been as fab as her dress. Had that been the case, she may have been my best dressed. But, still, she looked extremely glamorous.

via FabSugar

From just a beaded bodice to a beaded body, Stacy Kiebler's Naeem Khan dress offered the perfect mix of edgy sex appeal and classy coverage. Usually I'm not a Kiebler fan but I can't help but love this dress to pieces. Its cut, color, pattern of the beads and band at the waist make it a winner. It doesn't hurt that the adorable Brad Goreski styled her either but we do need to talk about that hair some other time...woof.

via Just Jared

One actress who did get full-body beading right from head to toe was Naomi Watts. The lady has never looked better! Her vibe was futuristic fab and yet still timeless. The Armani Prive gown fit her beautifully. Some people are on the fence about the asymmetrical top but I think it is perfection.

via FabSugar

Finally, we can't forget the fabulous Jennifer Hudson. Her Roberto Cavalli gown made her look even more like a goddess. I love the pattern of the sequins (reminiscent of my favorite ever 3.1 Phillip Lim collection) against the ever so subtle sheer panel along the sweetheart neckline. The dress did have a large slit up the front, which I could have done without- too Angie's right leg, but she looked absolutely amazing. 

via Getty

Last night's Red Carpet offered so many amazing moments and even more gorgeous actors. In the trend watch department, it's safe to say that interesting textures, such as sheer layers or beaded silk, have replaced big busy patterns. (Now do you understand why you hated Lucy Liu's dress from the Globes?) I also noticed the ABSENCE of cleavage. Girls are covering up their girls these days and it makes their looks all about being beautiful rather than being sexy.

These women really stood out in my mind. What about you? Who were your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!